Wednesday 27 December 2006

Post Christmas Cheer

I had a really good Christmas with the children getting many more presents than they needed as usual.


On Boxing Day I did a completely vegan Christmas meal, with sprouts and shallots, carrots, peas, roast potatoes, parsnips, nut roast, stuffing, bread sauce and onion gravy followed by Christmas pudding and custard. It all went well apart from the parsnips that needed to cook for longer.


I didn't take a photo of the whole meal, but here are a few selected shots.




The kids especially liked the food and tucked in to double helpings of roast potatoes (that I cooked with garlic and rosemary) and gravy. For a large selection of my Christmas recipes go to http://www.recipesforvegans.co.uk/christmas.html.


We were all extremely full afterwards so today we have had a lovely long walk and a light salad for lunch. I will be cooking a vegan chinese meal tonight so will take photos later and let you know how it went with my meat eating relatives.

No comments: