Friday 13 April 2007

Springtime Planting

Its the last day of the Easter holdays and I have just managed to get the garden tidy enough for the girls to have their new sandtable out, they are loving it.

While they are out there I have thought about planting some vegetables in my very small border. I already have some runner beans growing on my kitchen windowsill so I'm going to start with them, as at least I know they will be grown in vegan organic soil!

I don't know much about growing them though so any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a very small garden, which in the Summer loses the Sun @ 5pm. I put grow bags round the perimeter of my lawn. Grown were - cherry tomatoes, salad leaves, peas, purple sprouting broccoli, mustard & cress. They needed watering as the sun rose, and as the sun was setting. The contents of the bags were added to my compost bag @ the end of the season.