Thursday 11 April 2013

Spicy Tofu Stir Fry

I marinated tofu chunks in soya sauce, paprika, lots of chilli powder and some mixed herbs.  Then I deep fried them so they went crispy.  Meanwhile I chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
When the tofu was crispy I fried the onions in olive oil with some garlic and extra chilli. Then added the mushrooms and green peppers.  When they were starting to brown I added the tofu and tomatoes just to warm up a little.






I served mine with some mayo as it was spicier than I intended, but still delicious!

The trouble I have with stir frying food with chilli is that the chilli often catches in the pan and we end up coughing all evening every time we have to go into the kitchen. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

No comments: