Thursday 8 February 2007

Snow, snow and more snow

Well snow has hit us here in Telford and I'm sitting here freezing with the fire on full blast, trying to dry our wet clothes ready for picking up my daughter from school. I am in the mood for something lovely and warm to eat so I might be making on of the soups from our site. If you want one too take a look at Recipes for Vegans soups section.

Here are a couple of pics of the sort of soups we have recipes for:

I am still feeling sad about the culling of the turkeys because of bird flu and am amazed at some of the attitudes of people towards it. I can't believe we are living in a world where people class birds of such little importance that they don't even care if they are slaughtered even in those huge numbers.
I started a debate about it on a website the other day and was astounded at some of the replies. Click here to go to the site. To find my discussion type 'murdering birds' into the search box and highlight mylot at the top. Then click search. Please feel free to contribute to the discussion and support my views as at the moment I feel very disheartened about peoples comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps because xmas is over, and people have had there fill of turkey, they are not bothered that there won't be so many turkeys to eat. Plus by eating turkeys in the first place, they show that they do not care, that the birds are murdered to satisfy their appetite. I am glad I do not eat meat.